1) The Republican candidate has no policies, just an affectively anti-Obama stance; he won the popularity contest and will be a hindrance to effective governance.
2) The Democratic candidate is a contemptuous asshole who expected to ascend to Teddy's seat without opposition, and in true Dem fashion she shot herself - and her colleagues - in the foot.
3) As ever, voters have no idea whatsoever what's going on with health care reform, only broad opinions and a strong urge to flock.
4) Watch the gutless reactionary 'Blue Dogs' run from health reform, now that it's 'safe.'
5) The more attractive candidate won, as usual. (I'm serious about this, of course. In the TV age, the more attractive candidate nearly always wins these big elections. They're about 'image' in a thuddingly literal sense.)
So it goes.